BY ARAM SUREN HAMPARIAN
A warm hug.
A solid handshake.
A new friendship made face-to-face or, better yet, an old one renewed over a meal.
The quiet look in the eyes of a fellow Armenian that tells you – without words – that you are heirs to a proud heritage. Brothers and sisters in a common cause.
Let’s face it:
Online activism is great. It’s powerful, far-reaching, and barrier-breaking in so many ways.
But we all know that internet interactions are no substitute for personal connections.
We’re best at drawing ideas and inspiration FROM each other, when we are truly WITH each other.
We strengthen our convictions and add to our courage by being together.
Gathered under one roof, for one purpose.
It’s these special times in our lives that fill our hearts, and feed our souls.
The moments that we remember.
That we turn to, again and again, to give us inner strength. That we share with friends and use to inspire our families.
One of these special times is before us.
The ANCA Grassroots conference in Los Angeles over Thanksgiving weekend!
A dynamic, three-day program featuring cutting-edge exploration of the future of our community and the Armenian Cause by some of our sharpest, most creative, and visionary thought-leaders, artists, and innovators.
Whatever your interests, you’ll find serious discussion and social interaction around the defining issues on the Armenian agenda:
– Strengthening the global network of Armenian identity in our homeland and diaspora, reinforcing and redefining our bonds and working collectively to meet our urgent national challenges.
– Leading the digital revolution through iZartonk, a rebirth of Armenian civic responsibility, social reform, and political activism channeled through rapidly evolving online and mobile tools.
– Advancing the Armenian Cause though film and the arts, and leveraging our increased presence in Hollywood and across America’s vast entertainment industry.
– Using the latest Get-Out-The-Vote tools to encourage informed and motivated Armenian American voters to go the polls in record numbers through our national Hye Votes campaign.
– Leveraging the vast Armenian global network – reaching from North and South America, across Europe and Eurasia, the Middle East, and (increasingly) Asia – to support and sustain Armenia, strengthen our Diaspora, and advance the Armenian Cause.
– Moving beyond demands for Armenian Genocide recognition to actual concrete steps toward reparations for Turkey’s still unpunished crime – a truthful, just, and comprehensive international resolution that restores Armenia and ensures her long-term security and viability.
– Exploring, understanding, connecting with, and, ultimately, reclaiming Western Armenia, starting with the return of our Churches and the awakening of the countless hidden Armenian still living across Anatolia.
Parallel to these seven (7) powerful panels will be interactive workshops and plenty of social time to connect with friends, exchange ideas, and explore your special role in the Armenian nation’s future. Here’s a full run-down of the weekend: www.ancagrassroots.org
Tickets for ANCA Grassroots include a Friday night cocktail, all conference sessions on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, as well as breakfast, a post-banquet dance, and a keynote luncheon on Sunday. All for just $59!
It’s worth the trip. It’s worth the time. It’s worth whatever it takes.
Don’t miss this wonderful moment. Sign up today.
ANCA Executive Director
PS – I look forward to seeing you at ANCA Grassroots!