GLENDALE—The Armenian Revolutionary Federation Western US 51st Regional Convention, which was held from June 16 to 19 issued an announcement, the English translated text of which is presented below.
The ARF Western US 51st Regional Convention, which took place from June 16 to 19, diligently examined the activities of the organization in the past two years and provided its corresponding assessment. The convention also explored all issues concerning the region’s organizational and community life, and thoroughly addressed all matters related to Armenia and the Diaspora as they impact national concerns.
The Regional Convention set the parameters for the organization’s activities for the upcoming two years and tasked the newly elected Central Committee with the following responsibilities:
1. Continue to vigorously strengthen the organization in the region and the ideological and political advancement of the youth through contemporary and productive means.
2. Spare no effort in bringing together the community and strengthen its national character to realize the mission to strengthen the entire Armenian Nation.
3. Morally and practically support our organization’s effort to create a just society in Armenia and fortify Armenia’s statehood
4. To deepen the advancement of the Armenian nation’s struggle for justice and its demands and to reinforce the development and security of Armenia and Artsakh, encourage pro-Armenian and pro-Armenia mindsets within the non-Armenian political and civic circles.
5. Vigorously support the valiant efforts of the ARF Artsakh region and the Artsakh’s population’s efforts to preserve their right to self-determination and every-day bravery of the people of Artsakh.
6. Continue, with utmost commitment, the sacred task of driving our sacred struggle for Western Armenia and our territorial demands from Turkey.
7. Stand with the Armenians in Syria, who are fighting for the very existence of this crucial community by offering this region’s complete solidarity.
ARF Western US
51st Regional Convention
June 19, 2016