STEPANAKERT (Armenpress)—Azerbaijani forces made over 75 ceasefire violations in the Nagorno Karabakh (Artsakh)-Azerbaijan border region, also known as the line of contact, said a press statement by the Artsakh Defense Ministry.
“Overnight November 30 – December 1 Azerbaijani forces violated the ceasefire regime in the Nagorno Karabakh-Azerbaijan line of contact around 75 times, firing approximately 2000 shots from various caliber small arms at Nagorno-Karabakh position.
In the southern and south-eastern directions of the line of contact, Azerbaijani forces also fired automatic grenade launchers (12 projectiles), and in the eastern direction (Martuni) 82mm mortars (6 shells).
The Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army took necessary actions to suppress the Azerbaijani aggression and confidently continued their service,” read the statement.
The conditions on Karabakh-Azerbaijan contact line is currently calm. The information spread in the social networks according to which two Armenian servicemen had been wounded in Martuni’s positions (NKR) referred to the incident that occurred the previous day, spokesperson of MoD Armenia Artsrun Hovhannisyan told “Armenpress”.
There are injured contractual servicemen who are residents of Artsakh’s Ashan village – Gagik Poghosyan, 32, and Kajik Zakharyan, 32. Poghosyan has been hospitalized in Stepanakert’s military hospital, while Zakharyan has been taken to Central Military Hospital of the Armenian Defense Ministry in Yerevan.
Artsrun Hovhannisyan, press secretary of Armenia’s Defense Ministry, also urged to refrain from spreading disinformation or unconfirmed information. “The Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army press service provides accurate information on the situation at front line, the number of ceasefire violations and weapons used. At the moment, the operational situation is stable and the Defense Army units keep control of the situation,” he said.