Nalbandian Blasts Turkish Disinformation Efforts

YEREVAN (Combined Sources)–Armenian Foreign Minister Eduard Nalbandian Wednesday blasted the Turkish press for taking his recent statemen’s out of context and reaffirmed Armenia’s firm commitment to attaining international recognition of the Armenian Genocide as a foreign policy priority.

“The recent publications in the Turkish press on the process of international recognition of the Armenian Genocide attributed to Armenian officials are distorted and skewed. I have said many times and I would like to repeat that Armenian officials have never spoken and will never speak of suspending the process of international recognition of the Armenian Genocide. Furthermore, Armenia cannot tolerate any expression of Genocide denial,” said Nalbandian.

Earlier this week the Turkish press distorted statemen’s made by Nalbandian at a conference in Stockholm and by taking quotes out of context reported that the recognition of the Armenian Genocide was not as important as other considerations in normalizing relations with Turkey.

Authors

Related posts

Discussion Policy

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. Though you are fully responsible for the content you post, comments that include profanity, personal attacks or other inappropriate material will not be permitted. Asbarez reserves the right to block users who violate any of our posting standards and policies.

*

Top