Poll: Over 90% of Armenian Americans Oppose Protocols
Glendale, CA/Watertown, MA: Ninety percent of Armenian Americans oppose the adoption of the proposed Turkey-Armenia Protocols, according to a two-week, national on-line poll taken by Asbarez and the Armenian Weekly.
The results of the poll represent a statistically sound and geographically diverse sample of responses from 2,400 respondents.
The poll results are provided below:
1. Do you agree with the creation of a historical commission of Turks and Armenians to study whether the events of 1915-23 were a genocide?
2. Do you agree with Armenia officially recognizing its current border with Turkey?
3. Do you agree that the lifting of Turkey’s blockade of Armenia should be linked to Azerbaijan’s approval of a Nagorno Karabagh settlement?
4. Are the recent Turkey-Armenia protocols better for Turkey or Armenia?
Better for Armenia: 5.2%
Better for Turkey: 94.8%
5. Do you support the adoption of the Turkey-Armenia protocols?