Gulbenkian Foundation Grants $25,000 to ARF Archives Institute

MONTEBELLO—The Armenian section of the Galouste Gulbenkian Foundation, once again, has provided a grant of $25,000 to the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Archives Institute for digitizing the vast archives of the organization.

Institute Executive Director, Vatche Proodian, expressed his gratitude to the Foundation for the response to the grant request.

He thanked the Foundation’s Armenian section directors Martin Esayan and Zaven Yegavian for this new grant and added that just like the previous grant, the funds will be allocated toward digitizing the archives and their respective indices.

Proodian also added that the digitizing project is already underway.

Authors

Discussion Policy

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. Though you are fully responsible for the content you post, comments that include profanity, personal attacks or other inappropriate material will not be permitted. Asbarez reserves the right to block users who violate any of our posting standards and policies.

8 Comments

  1. Alex Postallian said:

    Calouste Sarkis Gulbenkian,a very good Armenian,may he rest in peace as always.he made the world a lot better with his monetary contributions,rather than conversation.Every Armenian should read about this business wizard,who would shame these modern thieves,Mr.5%; He was instrumential in getting the countries together,and given 5% of all the oil out of Iraq.He was the richest man in the world.A fore-runner of Kirk Kerkorian.Read his life story too,its fascinating.

  2. Nairian said:

    Yes, this is great news. Mr. Gulbenkian was a good man and benefactor, rest his soul, and today it’s Mr. Kirkorian, who helped to reshape our Republic. He’s been a wonderful benefactor as well. I truly wish him long life and good health. I would love to see all our organizations to put their heads together and help each other like brothers and sisters; that’s what we need in the Diaspora. It would be a very good step against assymilation and to help our Motherland and Artsakh. We can do so much more and better when we are united.

  3. manooshag said:

    Hye, the ARF Archives Intitute, what a valuable project and certainly worthy of the Gubenkian Foundation
    grant. Gulbenkian, shall have wanted such archives to be secured and available – and too monies to accomplish this shall have certainly been of vital interest to himself. Any and all archives dealing with the subject of GENOCIDES are to be pursued, for soon the civilized world shall have to face the efforts to end the cycle of Genocides the world over… humans killing innocents, mans’ inhumanity to man, to end.
    Manooshag

  4. Nairian said:

    Yes I agree with Manooshag, and to add from what our very patriotic genius Avedis Aharonian said; «Այսքան չարիք թէ մոռանան մեր որդիք, թող ողչ աշխարհ կարդայ Հայուն նախատինք»:

  5. Nairian said:

    Basically what the quote means above is that; if our children will forget this much misery and malice “meaning about the Armenian Genocide”, then let the whole world condemn the Armenians.

  6. MihranK said:

    Well done Gulbenkian Foundation for the grant, its a very worthy cause for our future generations.
    The ARF archives must be secured and available to all of us.

  7. John Markarian said:

    The Gulbenkian Foundation is great but unfortunately the Portuguese government has stolen a significant amount of money from the Gulbenkian Foundation and used it for Portugese projects which was not what Mr.Gulbenkian wanted. His sleazy Portuguese lawyer was able to help Portugal steal the resources of Calouste Sarkis Gulbenkian. .Mr.Gulbenkian should have added a clause to his will that as soon as Armenia becomes free, the foundation should move there.

    • LM said:

      Read the article by Jonathan Conklin for more background to Mr. Markarian’s comments very informative it is unfortunate that the country of Portugal has taken 85% of the Gulbenkian monies and art collection for themselves and left the world and the Armenians to split the remaining 15% when it should be the other way around. Essentially the Portuguese government claimed it for themselves per the direction of the Salazar and the Gulbenkian Portuguese attorney who spoke poor French and tricked Mr. Gulbenkian, intimidated the family and their British representative Radcliffe so sad. This needs to be addressed by an international court.

*

Top