FULL-FEATURED WEBSITE OFFERS ACTIVISM TOOLS–RESOURCES–ON-LINE CONTRIBUTIONS–AND SIGN-UP PAGE FOR VOLUNTEERS AND SUPPORTERS
ARLINGTON–VA–The Armenian American Democratic Leadership Council (AADLC) has launched www.Armenia’sforKerry.com–a powerful–full-featured website providing the growing number of Armenian American supporters of John Kerry with activism tools to support the presumptive Democratic nominee’s campaign for the Presidency of the United States.
"We are pleased–through Armenia’sforKerry.com–to provide Armenian Americans–Democrats–Independents–and cross-over Republicans–with solid information and practical tools they need to help elect John Kerry as President," said AADLC spokesperson Tsoghig Margossian. "We look forward to working with the growing number of Armenian Americans supporting the Kerry campaign in educating voters–generating campaign support and financial contributions–and mobilizing grassroots pro-Kerry get-out-the-vote efforts leading up to Election Day on November 2."
The welcome message on the website notes: "On the issues Armenian Americans care about–as Armenia’s and as Americans–John Kerry is the clear choice. He is a candidate that our nation’s more than one and a half million citizens of Armenian heritage can be proud of–for his record of service to our nation–and for personal involvement in all the vital issues of special concern to Armenian Americans–genocide recognition–a strong Armenia–increased aid–expanded trade–and an end to the blockades." The website continues: "In sharp contrast–George W. Bush has broken his promises and repeatedly betrayed the trust of the Armenian American community–opposed the issues they care about–and presided over the most anti-Armenian administration in modern history. Almost immediately after taking office in 2001–he abandoned his campaign pledge to properly recognize Armenian Genocide." Among the main features of Armenia’sforKerry.com are the following:
* Armenia’sforKerry.com documen’s Senator Kerry’s 20-year pro-Armenian record in the US Senate and includes direct links to his key speeches on a range of issues of concern to Armenian American voters.
* Armenia’sforKerry.com has an easy-to-use sign-up page for volunteers–for e-list updates–and for individuals who want to have their name listed on the website as supporters of John Kerry for President.
* Armenia’sforKerry.com features an on-line donation feature that automatically tracks campaign donations made by Armenian Americans.
* Armenia’sforKerry.com features a photo gallery–including a front-page photo of Senator Kerry speaking in front of an Armenia’s for Kerry sign during his victory speech on the day of the Virginia Democratic primary. Video footage of the AADLC campaign volunteers holding these signs was broadcast internationally on the CNN cable network.
* Armenia’sforKerry.com "press room" provides–in one place–coverage of Armenia’s for Kerry that has appeared in the Armenian American media.
* Armenia’sforKerry.com includes extensive links to the main JohnKerry.com website–including background information–press information–videos–community outreach–volunteering–events–an on-line forum–photos–meet-ups–and voter registration.
The AADLC has an extensive–nation-wide record of activism in support of Democratic Presidential candidates spanning the past several elections. For more information about the AADLC: