YEREVAN (Noyan Tapan)–After more than 70 years of silence–the bells of the St. Hovhanes Mkrtich (John the Baptist) church rang again. The church was built in Mardakert in 1881.
The Primate of the Artsakh Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church–Pargev Martirossian sanctified the re-opened church. Attending the ceremony were Karabakh Prime Minister Gerard Poghossian–guests from various regions of Armenia and Karabakh as well as the Diaspora. Words of gratitude were addressed to those who assisted in breathing new life into another hearth of faith in Artsakh.