YEREVAN (Noyan Tapan)– The Fifth General Assembly for the Armenian Revolutionary Federation’s youth-educational organizations opened in Yerevan Sunday with the participation of ARF representatives–ARF advisors–speakers and guests from Armenia and the Diaspora.
The meeting became official at 9 a.m.–and began with a short address by Shahan Gantaharian who spoke about the plans for the meeting. ARF Executive Council of Armenia representative Armen Rustamian and ARF Bureau member Apo Boghigian were present.
Speaking about the role of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation–Rustamian stressed that there are no obstacles in the ARF’s path and that both the ARF and its AYF chapters have key roles in the present situation in Armenia–most importantly in spreading the ARF’s and AYF’s message to all the youth in Armenia.
The meeting next elected its executive and got to work. First off–the meeting addressed the situation of its AYF chapters. Throughout the next five days the following issues will be addressed.
1. The ARF youth’s role in national–political and social life.
2. The methods of cooperation for the ARF’s youth and educational groups.
3. The role of the ARF youth in strengthening the Armenian spirit in the Diaspora–expanding Armenia’s governmentalism. etc.
4. The role of the ARF in strengthening ties between Armenia and the Diaspora.
5. Writing and Publishing issues.