SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian (D-Sherman Oaks) leads a California legislative delegation tour of Armenia with Senator Scott Wilk, Assemblymember Marc Levine, Assemblymember Laura Friedman, and Assemblymember Dante Acosta.
“The California legislative delegation to Armenia is an important step in continuing to strengthen ties between the Republic of Armenia and the State of California,” stated Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian. “During this visit we will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture, and governmental structure of Armenia.”
The delegation will pay its respects at the Armenian Genocide Memorial, meet with the business community, and meet with the following government leaders in Armenia:
- Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakian
- Artsakh Prime Minister Arayik Harutyunyan
- Artsakh Foreign Minister Foreign Minister, Masis Mayilian
- Speaker of the National Assembly of Armenia, Ara Babloyan,
- Defense Minister of Armenia, Vigen Sargsyan
- Deputy Prime Minister of Armenia, Vache Gabrielyan
The Delegation arrived in Armenia on Wednesday, October 4 and will leave Monday October 9.
Adrin Nazarian represents the 46th Assembly District, serving the San Fernando Valley communities of Hollywood Hills, Lake Balboa, North Hills, North Hollywood, Panorama City, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Toluca Lake, Valley Glen, Universal City, Van Nuys, and Valley Village.