Citing fears of another war in Karabakh, Azerbaijan is reportedly in negotiations to purchase $2 billion more in weapons from Israel.
The Israel Hayom (Today) news site reported on Thursday that Azerbaijan is negotiating to sign contracts with Israeli defense companies. One of the factors for the new deal, the news site suggests, is the growing exchange of fire on the Armenia and Azerbaijani border, which could result in full-blown war.
The second factor, the site said, is the growing relations between Israel and Azerbaijan since last fall’s 44-day war, as well as “the historic opening of the Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce and Tourism in Israel.”
Beyond this deal, Baku is currently negotiating with Israeli companies from various sectors, as well as Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry cargo planes that are transporting all types of ammunition, including ballistic missiles and aircraft, and landing at Israel-based airport all the time, including in recent days. Israel Hayom reported that the transport deals alone, which are expected to be signed in the coming months, are worth hundreds of million of dollars.
The news site said that the defense contract would further cement relations between Baku and Tel Aviv “despite pressure from Armenia and through the Armenian lobby around the world against arms deals between Israel and Azerbaijan.”
The recent establishment of the the Azerbaijani Chamber of Commerce in Tel Aviv indicates that Baku’s ambition is for the new missions in Israel to further relations.
Also on Tuesday, an independent commentator in Turkey, Oğul Tuna, said that the establishment of Azerbaijan’s trade and tourism bureaus was one step before the opening of an Azerbaijani embassy in Israel, reported Israel Hayom. If this does materialize, Azerbaijan will become the second Shiite-majority country to have an embassy in Israel. On March 30, Bahrain opened its first embassy in the Jewish State.
IF ARMENIA NOT WASTE 30 YEARS AND STEAL BILLIONS OF DOLLARS, IT WILL BE STRONG AND RICH NOW!!!! SAD!! SAD!! SAD!!!
Given the relations between these two criminal states, the Armenian side must not waste any time and must do several things right away and among them:
1. Expose the TRUE nature of hypocritical and morally-bankrupt Israeli leadership. That while they preach to the world about their own past tragedies, before the state of Israel was formed, and ways to avoid and to stop past atrocities from occurring again, they themselves are active participants in arming terrorist Azerbaijan with deadly weapons to attempt to commit atrocities against state whose population had already been subjected to mass atrocities and genocide by Turkish criminals long before it happened to their own population across Europe.
2. Take full advantage of the change of government in Iran by forming a closer alliance with Iran and its new tough and uncompromising leadership against treasonous artificial Azerbaijan for its close military and diplomatic alliance with Iran’s arch-enemy Israel which could be a major threat to Iran in the near future. Exploit anti-Iranian sentiments by both Azerbaijani and Turkish terrorist leaderships which are meant to destabilize Iran, the northwestern parts of Iran with large Turkish-speaking Persian populations in p[articular, through separatist movements and claims to ancient Persian territory by an artificial Azerbaijani state invented on occupied Armenian and Persian lands only 102 years ago.
3. Correct the past mistakes and fully militarize Armenia and Artsakh both by defensive and offensive weapons to not only neutralize the Azerbaijani enemy, which can easily be defeated in absence of all the other foreign forces used in the last war, but also be prepared and ready to conduct massive attacks to destroy the enemy and liberate occupied territories.
4. Take advantage of the recent anti-Russian Azerbaijani-Turkish stand and double-talk by various provocative means to drive the Russian peace keepers out of the conflict zone, which is primarily aimed at depopulating Artsakh from the native Armenian population by intimidation and terroristic means in absence of the Russian peace keepers, and form a closer alliance with Russia to acquire advanced and even deadlier military technology than the enemy possesses.
5. Consider all military assistance from France and any other country that is sympathetic to the Armenian plight and is willing to help Armenia. Avoid by all means and stop putting all your proverbial eggs in one basket, as they say, by relying only on Russian weapons. Be stern with Russia and speak to its leadership as equals and make sure they know and realize that you have other options.
6. Last but not least, begin the production of weapons internally to minimize, if not eliminate, dependency on foreign countries which could hamper critical military operations in times of war if not change the outcome of the war altogether.
Wow! You really do live in a fantasy world don’t you!
1). Israel and the world at large are not at all interested in Armenia’s opinion of Israel or Azerbaijan.
2). Iran has enough of their own problems without getting any closer to the Armenian losers who only seek to stir up trouble in the Area. Azerbaijan and Turkey offer far better trade opportunities.
3). Dreamland here! Armenia is near bankrupt and cannot afford to even replace the weapons they lost in the war ($4 billion +) let alone upgrade their military. Remember that Azerbaijan is vastly richer and is upgrading their military all the time. Armenia even with Russian help will struggle to catch up and even if possible it will take years to do so.
4). Theoretically a good idea but impossible in practice. Remember that Azerbaijan buys weapons from more advanced states as well as from Russia. Remember also that Russia must leave in under 5 years and then what will they do?
5). No brainer but who is going to give Armenian losers anything for nothing. France is all talk and will demand payment which Armenia cannot afford.
6). Good plan but it will take many years and cost far more than Armenia can afford so not a starter in practice.
Now that Azerbaijan has the trilateral agreement/the full support of Turkey and Pakistan, the ability to purchase unlimited quantity of the latest Israeli weaponry, thousands of Jihadist mercenaries at will, and the collaboration, silence, and cowardly inaction of CSTO, Aliyev has become bolder, more arrogant, and more defiant, so much so that he claims that many pieces of Armenia’s territories including Yerevan belongs to Azerbaijan/a nation in existence for only about 100 years.
The sad truth is that during the recent 44 day war, on several occasions the government of Armenia asked and requested from the Israeli government to stop arms sale to Azerbaijan, informing Israel that that the goal of the Azeris were to commit another genocide and annihilate the indigenous Armenians from their ancestral lands. But unfortunately:
The Descendants of the Holocaust survivors, sold and
are selling weapons to the descendants of genocide perpetrators,
to recommit genocide on the descendants of Armenian genocide survivors.
During the 44 day war I was going to suggest that the Armenian government close it’s Israeli embassy but because of significant turmoil I didn’t. During the recent war,
A) the Israeli government’s disregard to the valid Armenia’s request to stop the weapons’ sale to Azerbaijan, and
B) that the Israelis gave Azeris detrimental intelligence data that hugely contributed to the loss of most of our liberated territories, death of over 5000 soldiers and civilians, disabled thousands, caused destructions worth hundreds of millions of dollars, deportation of tens of thousands of indigent Armenians etc.
I understand that Israel has it’s interests/gas, security and access to “a base” in Azerbaijan to more effectively monitor Iran and if necessary raid, but it shouldn’t be at the cost of destroying Armenia and wiping Armenians from the face of the earth.
Therefore, in my opinion as opposed to the Israeli people, the Israeli government is not our friend, on the contrary it may even be out foe, therefore I reccomend that Armenia close the Armenian embassy in Israel and that the Israelis do the same in Armenia.
Israel I understand wants to have good relations with everyone but in a choice between Armenia and Azerbaijan they are of course going to choose Azerbaijan who is a good friend and arms trade customer as well as an oil supplier.
Important to note that all the talk of a new Armenian genocide is just rather pathetic Armenian propaganda aimed at stirring up sympathy for Armenia – No one at all actually takes such threats seriously! (probably not even Armenia)