CINCINNATI, Ohio—Attorney for David Krikorian on Monday deposed Representative Jean Schmidt. Ms. Schmidt provided her sworn testimony with her Turkish Legal Defense Fund team by her side.
Schmidt strongly objected to David Krikorian’s legal right to video tape her deposition as allowed by law. Attorneys for Ms. Schmidt complained to the Ohio Elections Commission to block distribution of the video portion of her testimony. Ms. Schmidt does not want the people of the district to view her testimony in this frivolous legal complaint she filed against David Krikroian.
Some of the more remarkable items arising from Ms. Schmidt’s testimony included:
- She had no idea why she was the largest recipient of Turkish Lobby campaign contributions in the 2008 campaign cycle.
- In all of her conversations with the Turkish Lobby, including two major fundraisers for her , that the subject of the Armenian Genocide resolution and her vote were never discussed. (the picture above is from a Turkish Lobby fundraiser held in northern Kentucky on Feb 18, 2008 which raised $10,757 for Schmidt).
- She claims to have read one book on the Armenian Genocide but could not remember its title however she knew the author was Gunter Lewy, who was described in a 2008 intelligence report by the Southern Poverty Law Center as an influence peddler financed by the Turkish Government to promote the denial of the Armenian Genocide.
- When asked to describe any aspect of the Armenian Genocide, she simply said it occurred during World War I. Other than that, she claimed to have no understanding of what happened.
- Regarding the definition of Genocide, she did not know if it involved murder or just forced relocation of populations. She knew that government action had to be involved in order to call it genocide.
- She claimed to have no idea who Dr. Yalcin Ayasli is although he and his family donated $6,900 to her campaign last year and he was a principle escort on her all expenses paid trip to Turkey this past Memorial Day. (Dr. Ayalsin is the main funding source for the Turkish Coalition of America).
- She does not know if she received any gifts from the Turkish Government.
- She maintained that despite her Turkish donors, the resolutions in Congress and her lack of knowledge about the Armenian Genocide, she is absolutely certain that the two Turkish PACs from which she received contributions, receive no support from the Turkish Government.
The Krikorian For Congress campaign takes no industry Political Action Committee money. The citizens of Ohio’s second congressional district can be certain that David Krikorian will always put their interests ahead of any PAC or Party.
The Ohio Elections Commission hearing will take place on September 3 at 10 a.m. in Columbus. “I look forward to having Ms. Schmidt’s frivolous complaint dismissed so that we can focus all of our energy on issues that directly affect the people of the second district” said David Krikorian.